Topics include (but are not restricted to):
- Culture-specific conceptualizations, e.g. metaphor, metonymy, cultural models, frames, grammatical constructions
- Cross-cultural and cross-linguistic variation
- Cognitive, cultural and contrastive linguistics perspectives
- Sociolinguistic and axiological aspects
- Cultural conceptualizations in second language teaching and acquisition
- Processes of translating and interpreting
- Psycholinguistics of cultural conceptualizations
- Intercultural communication and discourse
- Cultural conceptualizations in literature
- Translating and interpreting cultures in literature
- Cross-cultural variations in conceptualizations from the perspective of comparative literature
Presenters will be given 30 minutes for the presentation and question period.
Refereed and accepted papers in English will be published in a collective volume by an international publisher. Refereed and accepted papers in Polish will be published in a collective volume by the State University of Applied Sciences Press in Konin.
The languages of the conference are English and Polish. Abstract submission deadlines are given in the Important dates to the right.